Last month in the Rankings Update, I added a “Most Wanted List” feature, identifying the 10 games of which I was most interested in tracking down a copy. Well, that feature seems to have worked out pretty well. Within weeks, I had received leads on 8 of the 10 games on my Most Wanted list. And I stumbled across a ninth game from the list by accident. Thanks to all those who reached out to help me find some of these games!!
May was a bit of a slow month for reviews, with only a few published. But with how many games were located, I still feel that it was a productive month for the blog. Since my review queue is now packed full, I’m not going to post an additional ‘Most Wanted’ list in the June rankings. Rather, I’ve added a Heat Index column to give you an idea of which games are highest up in my queue. Here’s the key:
- Red Hot = These games are at the very top of my queue. You can expect my latest reviews to come primarily from this category.
- Hot = I’m very interested in these games, and if the chance comes along to play and review one of these, I’ll jump right on it.
- Warm = I’m keeping an eye on these games, and would not turn down an opportunity to play and review any of them.
- Blank = With so many good games on the list, these ones are on the back burner for now.
- Complete = I’ve already reviewed this game. Check the archives if you’d like to read my thoughts on it!
- N/A = A few games on the list appear twice, and in these cases the lower-ranked editions are considered N/A. I’ll review a few extra games just off the Top 100 to make up for the shortfall!
In terms of what you can expect in June, get excited for a very big War of the Ring post coming soon. I played it for the first time last week and had a blast! What else I review this month will depend on what I can get people to play with me — let me know if you have any suggestions or requests!